Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Quick Update!

I just wanted to share some photos from last weekend. Dave was on call, Kylie was playing tennis at Luther and it was Steam Engine Days in Mabel, so I took the kids down to Burr Oak for one night. We didn't want to be away from the Dave for the whole weekend, so we didn't leave until Saturday morning, of course, we didn't get out of the house very quickly. The ride down was great though, the kids slept/were quiet and I listened to the Hawkeyes. 

It was possibly too hot to keep two little ones at the tennis courts on Saturday, but we did our best to keep them cool. We were able to cheer Kylie on (though Mom and I believe tennis is too quiet of a sport! We we want to yell!), grab some drinks in the Union, ever-changing as always, get inside Dieseth and see Kylie's room - oh my gosh! It is awesome, I can't believe how nice Dieseth is now  - boo, the Dieseth of my days seems even more drab than it did in 2002.  After we cooled off, we watched a bit more tennis, Kate was stung by a bee for the first time, we listened to a storm push through and bring a little rain and got some Whippy Dip:) Well, we had to fix the bee sting somehow!
Hiding in the trees to try and keep cool!
Kylie is the only one who really earned all that sweat:)
After a VERY rough night of having both kids in one room with me, we met up with Cass, Kris and the boys, as well as Andrew to go up and see the parade in Mabel for Steam Engine Days. It was a refreshingly cool day, though I wish the sun would have peeked out. I was super unprepared for this excursion - didn't have cash, didn't pack enough snacks/food, I was so grateful to have Andy there to help (and Peterson's). The parade was fun, Kate and Waylon were so cute - waving to every tractor and float, screaming in delight if they were throwing candy, and best of all, sharing their candy. Sometimes, they would grab their pieces and then give it all to the other one:) 
Collin was pretty sober, but liked watching the tractors:)




After doing a double nursing session in the van:) we headed into the grounds and got some some super healthy "fair food" :) I was very surprised and saddened to see that all the rides have been replaced by bounce houses! What?! I guess I get it, but that is sad. Kate thought it was cool, but is too scared to want to go in. She did want to ride the little train and of course Uncle Andy obliged:) Waylon and Kris found the demonstrations and they were pretty cool, though loud. It will be fun to go back with the kids next time. 
How cute are these two?
Chomp, chomp, chomp...

Had to get a shot of his teeth!
It seemed to take forever to get back to the car and get ready to go, but luckily, the kids were great again and the ride back was super peaceful. Gotta love anytime that happens!
This $5 waffle dog was a hit

The trip got a thumbs up from Collin:)

No comments:

Post a Comment