| I know! Who could need a break from these cuties?! |
When the weather is nicer, it is a little easier to get outside and find a little break each day, but I was craving more of an adventure. I told Dave last week that since he was not on call over the weekend and we didn't have plans, I wanted to go somewhere. Anywhere. Just outside, by myself. For a couple of hours. He was all for it and I decided to go to one of the state parks nearby (there are so many, love it). On Saturday, I decided to go cross country skiing at Mirror Lake State Park near the Dells.
Of course, Dave made sure to get some "time off" in as well:) he went snowmobiling with a friend for a few hours on Saturday and then our families met up for supper. Dr. Eckerman and his wife have four kids, so we were quite the bunch to show up at Portofino Bay:) Dave had a blast out on the sleds and we had a wonderful supper too, good day!
Yesterday morning (Sunday) we - ahem - didn't make it to church...had breakfast and played, worked on reorganizing a few rooms (kids rooms, sunroom) and then I headed down to the Dells. It was a bit of an adventure as I had never been there before, and I was quite surprised when I pulled into the main parking lot, it was crazy busy! People everywhere and I got a little intimidated. It turns out it was a free day and there was a fishing contest and some sort of winter celebration going on. I grabbed a winter trail map, some free cookies and put my skis on. There were so many trails to choose from - how fun. I picked the easy classical/combination trails that were nearby. I have never skied on groomed trails before...it was so nice! A beautiful day, I just enjoyed it so much. I was vowing to come back...practically every day:) I really can't wait to take Dave and the kids back soon, as well as over the summer.
| Nice groomed trails.. |
| Can you see the sign? I'm headed to the beach! |
| Very beautiful, we'll be back. |
Love the ERIN TIME :)
ReplyDelete